Transportation Harmonized Data Models
These data models describe the main entities involved with smart applications that deal with transportation issues. This set of entities is primarily associated with the Automotive and Smart City vertical segments and related IoT applications.
When feasible, references to existing schema.org entity types and attributes are included.
These models have been devised to be as generic as possible, thus allowing to deal with different scenarios:
- Traffic flow monitoring
- Private Vehicles.
- Public Vehicles (Buses, Trains, etc.).
- Municipal Vehicles (pick up lorries, cleaning units, ...)
- Special Vehicles (ambulances, fire brigades, ...)
The main entities identified are:
- TrafficFlowObserved. It represents an observation about flow of traffic.
- CrowdFlowObserved. It represents an observation related to the movement of people at a certain place and time.
- BikeHireDockingStation. It represents an a bike hire docking station where subscribed users can hire and return a bike.
- EVChargingStation. It represents a public charging station supplying energy to electrical vehicles.
- Road. It contains a harmonised geographic and contextual description of a Road.
- RoadSegment. It contains a harmonised geographic and contextual description of a road segment.
- Vehicle. It represents a vehicle with all its individual characteristics.
- VehicleModel. It represents a model of vehicle, capturing its static properties such as dimensions, materials or features.